Green Chicken Pasta
Check out this super easy and delicious green chicken pasta recipe from Pap Beach’s Chef, Ash! This one is a hit with our tamariki!
Pap Beach’s Chef Ash
- 2 Chicken breast/thigh (sliced or diced)
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 3-4 Cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp mustard (I use wholegrain)
- 1-2 Handfuls of spinach and/or some herbs (I use basil & parsley)
- 250g Penne pasta (cook as per pack)
- 300ml Cream
- Cheese (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- Cook pasta as per package instructions, drain and set aside to cool.
- Dice/slice chicken and onion
- Place fresh handful of spinach and herbs in a food processor/blender.
- Add in the garlic, mustard, little bit of salf & pepper and a dash of oil. Blend until it’s turned into a nice green puree/paste.
- In a medium/hot pan, lighly brown off the onion and chicken. Once th chicken is at least half cooked add in the green paste you made earlier and saute for a minute.
- Add cream and stir together, turn heat down to low and let it slowly reduce.
- At this point you can add more seasoning to taste, or you can wait until the end.
- After approx 3 minutes, add in your cooked pasta and mix well.
- Continue to reduce the cream sauce until it is nice and thick and coats the pasta nicely. If the cream gets too thick you can add a dash of milk.
- Finally, before finishing add a squeeze of lemon juice to the pan. Mix well. Can finish with some grated cheese, but this is personal preference.
Note from the Chéf: Always check if the chicken is cooked before serving. You can add bacon if you want to. And to create a DF version of this recipe just replace the cream with coconut cream or rice milk.