Honey Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry
Check out this delicious stir-fry recipe from Pap Beach’s Chef, Ash! This one is another hit with our Pap Beach and Bach tamariki, the bowls are always wiped clean!
Pap Beach’s Chef Ash
- 2-3 Chicken Breast cut/sliced
- 250g Spaghetti pasta or Egg noodles
- 1/2 Head of broccoli
- 2 Green onion’s
- 1/2 Packet of mung beans
- 1 Finely sliced carrot
- 1/4 Red or green cabbage
- 1/2 Packet bok choy
Honey Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp seasame oil
- 1 Cup soy sauce (can add more if you like)
- Crushed garlic & ginger to taste
- 1/3 Cup honey or brown sugar
Chefs tip: You can marinate the chicken in a little bit of the sauce if you like a bit of extra flavour!
- Chop all vegetables into small bite size pieces or slices.
- Slice chicken breasts.
- Cook noodles as per package instructions.
- Crush garlic and ginger.
- Add all sauce ingrediants into jug with crushed garlic and ginger, mix well.
- Once everything is prepped, turn your frying pan on to med-high heat.
- Add drizzle of oil and add scliced chicken to pan (I personally cook in batches so the chicken does not stew in the pan).
- Cook/sear chicken for 3-4 minutes depending on the size of the pieces.
- Add broccoli and carrot first as it takes the longest to cook.
- Add a tbsp of water to the pan & cover to steam veggies a little bit. Remove the lid, add remaining vegetables.
- Saute until nice and golden.
- Add cooked noodles (I cut mine with scissors to make it easier for the children to eat).
- Pour over the sauce and let simmer on a low heat asd it soaks into the noddles (you can add the sauce 1/2 at a time if you do not want too much sauce).
- Stir and keep cooking until most of the sauce has been absorbed into the noodles.
- Taste test and add salt if needed.
Chef’s tip: The best tool you have is your eyes. I find the best food is always created when you adjust as needed and to taste preference. Personally, I love to wing everything for a more authentic style of cooking!